In this article we will break down some of our favorite hydroponic / aeroponic tower garden systems. Hydroponic and aeroponic systems operate in much the same way in which soil is replaced with a direct supply of nutrients to the roots. The difference lies within the method of nutrient delivery. Hydroponic systems submerge the roots whereas aeroponic towers use a mist or spray. The best part? A hydroponics system can be fully automated. Since it is water-based, the gardener has no soil to dig or weeds to pull. Also, the water can be re-used to prevent wastage. With hydroponics, an excellent yield of quality plants can be easily achieved.
Home hydroponics systems and DIY kits are readily available online. The best part is these all in one systems maintain healthy plant nutrient ratios and deliver all on their own. Therefore, we will be looking at these systems interchangeably as the end result is the same. Delicious, home grown herbs, fruits and vegetables!
DIY Hydroponic Gardening Resource – Best DIY Option
So this doesn’t really count as an aeroponic tower garden, but building your own system isn’t impossible. This is the least expensive option if you’re willing to get your hands your dirty. I found this DIY hydro gardening book to be really useful if you are considering building your own system. Give this book a shot and start planning your garden today!
What We Like
- Perfect for DIYers
- Most affordable option
- Comes in paperback and kindle editions
- Not a plug and grow solution
AeroGarden Harvest 360 – Best Compact Hydroponic System
The Aerogarden Harvest 360 is a great choice for a beginner herb gardening enthusiast researching aeroponic tower gardens. Although the yield is much less than a traditional tower garden, this compact all in one system packs a punch. This grow system is soil free so you its perfect for tight living spaces. This is a great starter kit for those interested in herb gardening, but dont have the means or the space for a big tower garden.
What We Like
- Grows up to 6 plants to 12 inches high.
- Small all in one system perfect for apartments.
- Soil free hydroponic system.
- Includes seeds for genovese basil, curly parsley, dill, thyme, thai basil and mint. Plus, all natural plant nutrients.
- May not yield enough produce for your needs.
Aerogarden Bounty Basic – Best Overall Value
The aerogarden bounty basic is one of the best all in one aeroponic tower gardens on the market. Although this doesn’t feature the typical vertical design of traditional tower gardens, its yield is impressive. The bounty basic is a great all in one solution for a variety of harvests such as herbs, salads, tomatoes, peppers & more!
What we Like
- Compact design suitable for smaller spaces.
- Large yield of produce.
- No soil, perfect for indoor aeroponic gardening.
- Not the traditional vertical aeroponic tower garden design.
- May be a bit pricey for new herb gardening enthusiasts.
Join Our Weekly Newsletter!
Self care tips, health and wellness tools, meditations and more!
Lettuce Grow 18-Plant Farmstand – Best Mid Range Aeroponic Tower Garden
A traditional aeroponic garden tower that is capable of 18 plants per harvest. This tower is great for lettuce yields, herbs, fruits and veggies . What’s more is this unit is self watering, so it involves minimal work. This is a good option for novice growers that want to increase yield, without sacrificing quality.
What We Like
- Large yield.
- Easy self watering system.
- No soil.
- Needs to be in a sunny spot, or will need to purchase grow lights.
Lettuce Grow 36 – Plant Farmstand – Best Yielding Aeroponic Tower Garden
The big brother of the 18 plant farm stand. This aeroponic garden tower boasts up to 36 plants per harvest. This tower is great for large lettuce yields, herbs and veggies alike. What’s more is this unit is self watering, so it involves minimal work. This is a fantastic option for the serious grower that wants to increase yield of produce and herbs. This design comes in multiple sizes so be sure to check out other options that best fit your needs!
What We Like
- Massive yield.
- Larger selection of available species to plant due to size.
- Self watering.
- Soil free.
- Its big, maybe too big for your space.
- Pricey option, but in our opinion the yield is worth the initial cost.
- Designed for a sunny spot outdoors. However, you can buy grow lights for indoor use.
Aerospring Indoor Hydroponic System – The Ultimate Hydro / Aeroponic Tower Garden Solution
The aerospring indoor hydroponic system is the ultimate indoor growing system. Albeit, the priciest option on the list. This aeroponic tower system can yield up to 27 plants at a time and is a truly all in one plant and herb growing system. This comes fully equipped with tower, tent, leds, and fan. This a fantastic option for city dwellers looking for a high yield, all in one system.
What We Like
- Truly all in one growing system.
- High yield, high performance design.
- Multitude of indoor growing options.
- Shade rollups.
- Expensive. Really Expensive.
- Requires space, maybe too big for apartments and tight spaces.
Aeroponic Tower Garden Wrap Up
Hydroponics gardening is as simple as ordinary gardening. Both need water, temperature, light, and humidity. However with a hydroponics or aeroponics tower gardens system, no soil is used. Thus, a soil substitute holds the roots. This delivers nutrients carried by the water in hydroponics or mist with aeroponics. Indoor hydroponic gardening has become popular. With good reason, too! It’s not hard and plants respond well to this method of growing. Better yet, the all in one tower gardens do all the work for you!
More Content you Might Enjoy 🙂
- 9 Ways to Support Your Friends’ Business (And Get To Know Their Work)
- 6 positive choices you can make today for a better tomorrow.
- How to make a vision board online and empower your dreams
- Types of Self-Care: Discover Care Practices That will Make You Feel Great
- Protect Your Energy. 3 ways to save your most valuable resource.