A little laughter can go a long way. With stress and anxiety levels at all time highs, its no wonder stress relief is a booming trend. Seeing the lighter side of things can be an instant mood booster. So, without further ADO, here are 40 of my favorite funny stress quotes that will make you laugh and brighten your day!
Funny Stress Relief Quotes Continued (1-10)
- “I try my best to take one day at a time, but some times several days attack me all at once.”
- Jennifer Yane
- “Sometimes we focus so much on nothing that we make the nothing a very big something.”
- Ricky Maye
- “Don’t worry, better days are coming and they are called Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays .”
- “The best time to relax is when you do not have any time for it.”
- Henry Kissinger
- “All you need to be happy is love, but a little chocolate now and then won’t hurt.” –
- Charles Schultz
- “Reality is the leading cause of stress for those in touch with it.”
- Jane Wagner
- “I’ve tried yoga, but I find stress less boring.”
- “The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.”
- Oscar Wilde
- “No man goes before his time – unless the boss leaves early.”
- Groucho Max
- “Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford.” ―
- Robin Sikarwar
Funny Stress Quotes (11-20)
Continue reading for more quotes!
- “If each day is a gift, I would love to know where I can return my Mondays.”
- John Wagner
- “I stress about stress before there is any stress to stress about.”
- “I always do my best to go the extra mile at work, but my boss will always find a way to locate me and bring me back.”
- “The best part about going to work every day is coming back home at the end of the day.”
- “If you work faithfully for 8 hours every day, you may one day become the boss and start working 12 hours everyday.”
- Robert Frost
- “If stress helps burn calories as they claim, I would have been a supermodel by now.”
- “Focusing on reality is one of the major causes of stress.”
- Jane Wagner
- “Quit getting yourself all worked up over the little issues you are dealing with now because bigger issues are on their way.”
- “I have come to the point in my life where I believe money can’t buy happiness because money is actually happiness.”
- Jack Donaghy
- “Some days the only good thing about work is that you get to sit in a rocking chair all day.”
Funny Stress Relief Quotes Continued (21-30)
Continue reading for more quotes!
- “My fondest childhood memory is not having to spend 40 hours a week with people who make me feel angry and tired so that I can afford to buy paper towels and laundry detergent.”
- “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year.”
- David Dweck
- “Some days, the best thing about the job is that the chair spins.”
- “Stress does not go with my outfit.”
- “Stressed is dessert spelled backwards.” L
- oretta Laroche
- “Here’s to another day of outward smiles and inward screams.”
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.”
- Pearl Bailey
- Stress level: extreme. It’s like she was a jar with the lid screwed on too tight, and inside the jar were pickles, angry pickles, and they were fermenting, and about to explode.”
- Fiona Wood
- “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called everybody, and they meet at the bar.”
- Drew Carey
- “I was a little excited but mostly blorft. ‘Blorft’ is an adjective I just made up that means ‘Completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum.’ I have been blorft every day for the past seven years.”
- Tina Fey
Stress Relief Quotes Continued (31-40)
Continue reading for more quotes
- “If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- “If I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer.”
- Jim Carrey
- “When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.“
- Rodney Dangerfield
- “I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
- Groucho Marx
- “Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.”
- Robert Benchley
- “As a child my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.”
- Buddy Hackett
- “There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger
- “Thank you, 2:30 in the morning, for always being the first sign that tomorrow’s gonna suck.”
- Jimmy Fallon
- “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom.”
- Bob Hope
- “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.”
- Noel Coward
Bonus! Why Does Laughing Help Relieve Stress?
The goal of stress and anxiety relief isn’t to make all your problems go away. It’s to put your mind and body into an ideal state to tackle whatever is in front of you.
What makes a stressful day different from a normal day is all in perspective. See, I find that stress and anxiety are clever little jerks. Each one capable of magnifying an issue into an impossible, never-ending, no-good pile of crap. And worse yet, these “piles” accumulate. At some point, all that’s left is stress and anxiety. When this happens, it’s hard to find the humor in or laugh about much of anything.
Here’s the good news.
There are a ton of proven ways to reduce stress and anxiety. And these proven methods won’t break the bank either. One way to do this is laughing. I’m talking about full-on, roaring, outrageous, it almost hurts laughter. Because one of the best stress and anxiety relievers is cracking up. Even doctors have studied this and found it to be true! That’s why a quick list of funny stress relief quotes is a helpful tool to change your frame of mind!
Laughing has proven to relieve stress.
Here are a handful of benefits highlighted from the article above:
- Improved mood
- Soothes tension
- Activates and relieves stress responses in the body (very important)
- Stimulates organs and enhances oxygen-rich air
- Improves immune system
I encourage you to try and remember the last time you had a really, really good laugh.
How did you feel?
I bet two words that DON’T come to mind are ‘stressed’ and ‘anxious.’ Or, you might be having trouble remembering the last time at all. The bottom line is this. Using humor is a fantastic way to change your state and relieve some stress. I encourage you to try it!
Funny Stress Relief Quotes Wrap Up
In short, maybe these funny stress relief quotes didn’t cause an uproar of laughter from you. But, a little humor can go a long way to bring some perspective to stressful days. And it makes less stressful days even better! One of my favorite ways to do this is to find funny stress relief quotes that frame my feelings into words. This helps me identify what’s stressing me out without bringing me down.
I hope you found some of these quotes relatable and funny. However, if this didn’t do it for you, head over to YouTube right now and find a funny video that will!
More Content You Might Like!
- 9 Ways to Support Your Friends’ Business (And Get To Know Their Work)
- 6 positive choices you can make today for a better tomorrow.
- How to make a vision board online and empower your dreams
- Types of Self-Care: Discover Care Practices That will Make You Feel Great
- Protect Your Energy. 3 ways to save your most valuable resource.